A little more info...
Picnic on the Moon
In your adventure together, you will:
- Wake up the Littlemagictrain and hop on board and travel to the Space Port.
- Choose your favourite rocket and countdown to take off.
- Whoops! There is nowhere to land on the Moon today. Problem-solve how to reach the Moon from a rocket without getting lost in space.
- Arrive safely and check that we all made it safely.
- After all that travelling it’s time for a picnic but when you
- Learn about gravity when you have your picnic. Don’t let the bananas land on Mars!
- Hear a snoring sound could it be an alien? Time for an alien hunt.
- Success, it was an alien, and his name is George. He was just taking a nap on the edge of a crater.
- Look he wants to play and he is holding a football.
- Time to warm-up.
- Say goodbye to George and travel back up to the rocket.
- Countdown and travel back to Earth.
- Wake up your Littlemagictrain and go home.
This adventure is built up over 9 weeks giving you opportunities to enhance your little ones learning with provocation, communication, sensory, and STEM activities around the theme of this adventure. All the planning and hard work have been done for you and the sessions cover all areas of the new EYFS and the Curriculum for Wales. These adventures are the perfect activity for ALL children as the resource is robust and adaptable to all needs.
Your download includes
Picnic on the Moon
- A4-sized illustrations
- How to build and develop the adventure
- Movement guide for the interactive part of the adventure
- How this adventure links to the early-year’s curriculum
Introducing the adventure to your little ones’ guide.
Sensory and invitation activities for the adventure.
Speech and language activities.
Fun activities for the children.
Provocation planning activities.
Vocabulary for the adventure.
Certificate for the children on completion of their space adventure.
Have lots of fun x